Full Text pages
Full Text pages (the content of books within Blackwell Reference Online) comprise four panes:
If the page was reached via a search, there is also a Search Results pane containing navigational links at the top of the left-hand column. (See Browse search results for further information.)
The Bibliographic Details pane on the left-hand side of the page includes a link to the Title Information page of the current book.
Table of Contents
The Table of Contents allows navigation of the current book's parts, chapters and entries. The highlighted item indicates the position of the displayed page within the book's overall structure.
The Related Titles pane, which appears below the Table of Contents (where applicable), includes links to the Title Information pages of other relevant books.
Full Text pane
The main Full Text pane of each page may include the following:
- The title of the chapter or entry displayed.
- A boxed area listing the topics (e.g. subjects, places or periods) associated with the chapter. Clicking a topic will allow you to explore other chapters relevant to that topic within all Blackwell Reference Online books. (See Explore for further information.)
- The DOI (Digital Object Identifier) of the chapter. (See Digital Object Identifiers for further information.)
- Either links to subsidiary chapters or entries or the full text of the current chapter.
- A footer specifying how to cite the chapter. The citation can be copied and pasted into your work.
If an OpenURL resolver is registered with your institution's account, clicking the symbol next to a reference will search for the referenced item within library holdings.
To browse adjacent chapters, use the Next Entry and Previous Entry links in the top right-hand corner of the Full Text pane.